The West Babylon Public Library is now circulating Roku Express streaming devices with access to TV shows and movies streaming on Discovery Plus and Paramount Plus. Patrons can also view our digital collection of movies and TV shows through the *Vudu app and stream free TV and movies through the Roku Channel. Check out a Roku with a West Babylon Public Library card, connect it to your television with the included HDMI and USB cables, and start enjoying the world of streaming content! Available to Adult WB Cardholders only.
*Only specific Rokus include access to Vudu, Paramount Plus & Discovery Plus. Please refer to the label on the bag containing the Roku which will indicate Vudu Movies and TV and a specific genre (Drama, Crime-Thriller, Action-Adventure, Family-Animation, etc.), Paramount Plus and/or Discovery Plus.
- The loan period for a Roku device is 14 days.
- The late fee is $10 per day.
- Rokus are not renewable.
- You must have a wireless Internet connection to use the Roku.
- Please do not sign out of the Library’s accounts.
- We cannot guarantee that the Library’s Rokus will work with your home wireless network, the Library’s Rokus do not work with 5Ghz home wireless networks.
To checkout a Roku Express streaming device please follow the steps below:
1- Agree to the terms and conditions of the Library of Things user agreement.
Please note: Rokus are limited to West Babylon Public Library Adult cardholders ONLY.
2- Place a reserve:
- Call the Library at 631-669-5445 and a staff member will place a reserve for you.
- Chat with a Librarian on our website, Monday-Thursday from 10 am to 7 pm and Fridays & Saturdays from 10 am to 3:30 pm and a Librarian will place a reserve for you.
- Place a reserve.
3- If requested, a Library staff member will contact you to schedule a curbside pickup of your item once available.
Roku Quick Start Instructions (Printable)
Roku Quick Start Videos
How to Connect Roku to TV