Finding an Item
Search the Library Catalog to find an item.
- 21 day loan period includes Books and Books on CD.
- 7 day loan period includes DVDs and Blu-Rays, Music CDs and Video Games.
- 3 day loan period includes New DVDs and Blu-Rays.
*New Items, including books, A/V materials, Blu-rays and specialty kits can only be checked out by West Babylon Cardholders.
- The overdue fee for most items is .05 per day.
- Charges for special materials, including, but not limited to DVD’s and Blu-rays, is $1.00 per day.
- Maximum fines incurred for DVDs and Blu-ray are $10 per day per item, all other material is $5 per day per item.
- Any damaged material will be paid by patron at full retail cost.
Most checked out items now automatically renew so you don’t have to worry about missing due dates! Library items will be renewed automatically 3 days before the due date as long as there are no other holds on them, you have not exceeded the maximum renewals and your Library account is in good standing. An email will let you know what has been renewed and what is not eligible. Library cardholders should review due dates online when they login to their Library account.
*Please note that 3 day loan items are not eligible for auto-renewal.
Optionally you can manually renew items using one of the methods listed below :
- Self renewal, via your Library account. Using your Library card, you create your own password to access your account and renew items.
- By telephone, you must have your Library Card number.
- At the Circulation Desk, by a staff member.
When you find the item you want in our Library catalog and the item is checked out, click on the Request link. You will need your Library card to place the reserve. You will be contacted by phone when the item is available.